Shawnee/KS
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital PPC1 (RC-35)
We are planning to open our pool soon. Our salt cell died at the end of the season last year. I have a new cell and power cord ready to install. Not sure if I should replace it now or wait until after the SLAM is complete.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

there are 2 ways to do it... TFP recommends to turn off your SWG because if you forget to turn it off during the OCLT you can pass it without passing it and have to start the SLAM all over..

I am on the other end and I use my SWG, I bought it to use it.. It will keep a more consistent chlorine level during the slam because it will always be creating chlorine... Your dips will not be as much as without it.. IE you will not fall from 31 FC to 27 in 2 hours, it may only drop little.. You still need to follow the SLAM procedures and test as much as possible, I do every 2 hours...

Because we are salt water and are CYA is at 80 or so we have to bring are FC way higher then someone with a CYA of 30... FC is harder to get to and takes way more at 31 FC than 12 FC..

Just remember to turn off your cell during the OCLT.. Both ways work and you are paying for both so really it is up to you :)

We are planning to open our pool soon. Our salt cell died at the end of the season last year. I have a new cell and power cord ready to install. Not sure if I should replace it now or wait until after the SLAM is complete.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Replace it now. That way it’s ready to go when you’re done with the slam.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.