Replace Pump

metRo_

Jun 8, 2015
Porto, Portugal
Hi,

I have a GRE FS500 pump+filter installed on my pool. In the last two years the pump started to fail to start. This year, before I open the pool, I replaced the bearings and sealings of the pump and now it is quiter and runs smooth however it keeps failing to start. When I opened the motor to change the bearings and sealings I noticed that there was water inside the motor and one of the bearings have a lot of rust. I think the motor windings may be affected by the water and are requiring more power to run.

I'll try to contact a local store to know how it would cost to rewinding the motor but If I need to replace the pump should I replace with another one from GRE or there are better brands without increasing the price too much like astrapool?

Thank you

If I need to replace the pump should I replace with another one from GRE or there are better brands without increasing the price too much like astrapool?
Selecting a replacement really depends on what you can afford and have shipped to your location if not available locally. There are quite a few filter/pump combos on Amazon if you like to shop there. You also have the option of just replacing the pump itself and connecting it to your filter, although there may be some adapter requirements if that GRE system uses the smaller 1.25" fittings as opposed to standard 1.5" sizes.

Hi,

I have a GRE FS500 pump+filter installed on my pool. In the last two years the pump started to fail to start. This year, before I open the pool, I replaced the bearings and sealings of the pump and now it is quiter and runs smooth however it keeps failing to start. When I opened the motor to change the bearings and sealings I noticed that there was water inside the motor and one of the bearings have a lot of rust. I think the motor windings may be affected by the water and are requiring more power to run.

I'll try to contact a local store to know how it would cost to rewinding the motor but If I need to replace the pump should I replace with another one from GRE or there are better brands without increasing the price too much like astrapool?

Thank you
Be aware that your pump operates on the European standard 230V, 50Hz, power. Anything you may find on Amazon would have to be able to use that power.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.