Replace Media Master Sand Filter with....

Seal

Jun 10, 2015
Holland, Michigan
Hi,
I have an ancient Media Master Sand Filter. I bought it used years ago. It leaks around the collar. Parts for replacing the collar are no longer available. I have made a gasket for it the past few years to stop leaking but the collar is too brittle to tighten down anymore. So I am looking to replace it this year. It is a Media Master (0-1701-016h. Unsure of size? What size sand filter do I need for my 28 ft round Doughboy pool, 23,000 gallons? Any suggestions about well priced brands to look at?
Appreciate any suggestions.
Seal

CJadamec,
Thanks for quick answer. Now I am looking at different brands and models. Comparing reviews etc. I used hoses to connect the sand filter to pool and pump. Models are showing pvc pipe hook ups. Is that necessary or preference? Plus I just need filter. Quite a few come with pump also. Pretty expensive. Mixed reviews on brands. I am used to at most replacing sand. My Media Master had 6 functions on the valve. Trying for comparable.

You can use hoses they work. PVC pipe is more durable and less prone to bursting or coming apart because a hose clamp slipped.

Any of the major brands of sand filter are going to work just fine. There's nothing new or high tech about their design and construction.

There is no difference between an above ground pool sand filter and an in ground pool sand filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.