Replace Aqualogic PS8 with?

Nov 23, 2007
Pool and aqualogic ps-8 are 18 years old. I've repaired the main board a couple times and replaced the board once already. I'm getting no cell power again, so I'm contemplating an upgrade. It looks like there's an upgrade kit to move to the OmniPL system for $1499. If the replacement board is $800 and a full upgrade is $1499, I'll probably opt for the OmniPL Upgrade, HLXPROUPG. Are there any other options I should look at? Does this make sense? Does the OmniPL have similar design issues similar to the no cell power problem?

I have a floater controller which we've never used. Also have an inside controller that I guess I won't need anymore if the OmniPL has an app and/or web interface. Any other parts that I should anticipate to do this update?

Current equipment is in my signature.

Thanks, Robert

I think your choices are to get the OmniPL upgrade or leave the Hayward ecosystem for the Pentair IntelliCenter. You already have Pentair waterfall pump, filter, heater, and lights. You are not locked in with a VS pump yet.

So you can get the IntelliCenter and IntelliChlor SWG and someday a Pentair VS pump.

Last edited:
I think your choices are to get the OmniPL upgrade or leave the Hayward ecosystem for the Pentair IntelliCenter. You already have Pentair waterfall pump, filter, heater, and lights. You are not locked in with a VS pump yet.

So youc an get the IntelliCenter and IntelliChlor SWG and someday a Pentair VS pump.
The OmniPL cannot control a variable speed pump? It sounds like the IntelliCenter requires the IntelliChlor SWG and the T15 cell won't work. Is there any significant difference in lifespan of the T15 v IntelliChlor cells? Thanks!

No one said that. The OmniPL controls Hayward and Pentair VS pumps.
Ok, I misunderstood your comment, "You are not locked in with a VS pump yet."
You would need to get an Aquarite controller to use your T15 cell.

No.
So, the Intellicenter requires a Pentair IntelliChlor SWG cell and the OmniPL requires a Hayward or generic T15/940 cell. That makes sense.

It looks like I can get the OmniPL upgrade for about $1500, and the Intellicenter w/ new IntelliChlor for about $2800. I've looked at the features and I think the OmniPL will do everything my current Aqualogic PS-8 does and more, and given my current equipment I think I'll look into the OmniPL upgrade. Coming from an Aqualogic, it looks like I'll also need a new transformer, for about $140.

Thanks for the feedback.