Repair or replace 5.5 yr Maytronics Dolphin

QingGuy

Silver Supporter
Mar 22, 2015
Las Vegas NV
My swivel cord no longer swivels and she no longer climbs walls. Still vacuuming well.

I see that I can purchase a new cord for about $175, and a Tune-up Kit with Replacement Filters, Brushes, Climbing Rings, and Tracks for $200. I’m not handy so I’d have to pay my handyman about $100 to install the new parts. So let’s call it $500 to repair vs $900 to purchase a new unit.

anyone have any experience repairing these? $400 is $400, however I don’t want to have to replace it in the next year if something major goes out on it.

Any input is greatly appreciated

My swivel cord no longer swivels and she no longer climbs walls. Still vacuuming well.

I see that I can purchase a new cord for about $175, and a Tune-up Kit with Replacement Filters, Brushes, Climbing Rings, and Tracks for $200. I’m not handy so I’d have to pay my handyman about $100 to install the new parts. So let’s call it $500 to repair vs $900 to purchase a new unit.

anyone have any experience repairing these? $400 is $400, however I don’t want to have to replace it in the next year if something major goes out on it.

Any input is greatly appreciated
If you got 5 years out of it, that’s pretty good. Kinda up to you in this case.

Guy,

I suggest that you initially consider that unit dead and that you need a new one. That decision will help with your next step.. :mrgreen:

Then open it up and see what you have. See if you can even get the old cable out. I say this because often the pins on the cable corrode themselves to the pins on the motor box. Once that happens it is almost impossible to get the cable out and the motor box pins cleaned up. See what other parts you might need.

If you can get the old cable out without any damage, then you might be able to get another year or two out of it with a new cable.

I'd also install new tracks, but not sure that would help with your wall climbing issue.

(Edit.. I just noticed your comment about not being handy. If that is the case, you really just need to buy a new one. But.. you can always 'practice' on the old robot, just to see what you can find.)

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: QingGuy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.