Rendezvous Protect Plus

ch3cooh

Nov 28, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Pool Size
The local pool store where the hot tub was purchased (before I became the owner) recommended that I use Rendezvous Protect Plus weekly when my hot tub was initially inspected. I am not going to take what the store said at face value, so... has anybody heard of or used this product? It seems it is a dual-purpose sequestering agent and flocculant in one solution.

Link deleted by Jim R.

The municipal water I use is on the harder side, but I don't see a clear need for a sequestering agent and definitely not a flocculant.

Thanks,
Matteo

Last edited by a moderator:
spadepot.com sells an inline filter you can attach to a hose, but you are correct, you dont need a flocculant. It's not uncommon for pool stores to recommend things you don't need.

Have you read the stickies or checked out articles on the main page under pool school?

There's a bit of a learning curve on maintaining a hot tub, but it becomes second nature Rather quickly.

Reactions: Mdragger88
CAS 139-89-9 is Trisodium HEDTA, which is a salt of ethylenediamine tetraacetic acid, which is a chelating agent with the ability to bind to metal ions and it looks like the below molecule.

There's no reason to add these chemicals to your hot tub.

1672342631260.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.