Removed waterline tile

starrmo

Mar 30, 2024
soouth louisiana
Well I’ve done it now! Hated waterline fiberglass pool tile so I removed it. This was an add on and applied with some kind of caulk that separated from tile to tile and was hard to clean beteeen. Now my waterline is damaged(by me) from scraping all off. Can I lower my water, sand, clean with acetone then gel coat just about 10” ? DIY as no funds for professional. It’s all white pool so no color mixing. Thanks in advance for any help

Hi and Welcome to TFP! Sorry to be meeting like this but I am hopeful someone can jump in and help you with this.

The good thing is you can still use your pool like it is. If you invited me over for a swim I sure would not mind the missing tile LOL

Well I’ve done it now! Hated waterline fiberglass pool tile so I removed it. This was an add on and applied with some kind of caulk that separated from tile to tile and was hard to clean beteeen. Now my waterline is damaged(by me) from scraping all off. Can I lower my water, sand, clean with acetone then gel coat just about 10” ? DIY as no funds for professional. It’s all white pool so no color mixing. Thanks in advance for any help
Star,

Welcome aboard to TFP! We have a lot of experts on here that volunteer their time to help pool owners. Your situation is pretty unusual and I think pictures are really needed to understand your situation. Also, please add a signature with your pool information. It's simple and gets all the basic information out of the way to avoid a bunch of wasted cycles of questions. Here's how to do it.

Look forward to those pictures and your project. I finished an OB house little over a year ago and am finishing up a OB pool right now. Always great to see another DIYer.

Chris