SeanThePoolFreshman

May 30, 2022
Hanover, VA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine

The above thread is reference. I just completely remodeled the pool and had fresh water delivered today. The chemistry is telling me I have an insane amount of chemicals to add. I have no idea what to add first or at what rates and just put WAY too much work in to screw this up. The epoxy resin paint has hardened for 7 days before the water was put in today.

Chemicals list from Pool Math:
3 gallons bleach
9oz washing soda
97 lbs calcium chloride
13 lbs chlorine stabilizer

Link to my pool on pool math:

*****NOTE:******
2 of my daughters graduate high school tomorrow and we are having a party to celebrate. Would be amazing to have it safe to swim tomorrow if possible.

Thank you all in advance

*edit* I did backwash, rinse, backwash, rinse prior to opening the pool because I put new sand in the filter before filling the pool.

No need for the soda ash. pH and TA are fine.
Add the liquid chlorine and start half of the stabilizer dissolving. Sock method.

Keep FC at target or CYA level you have added stabilizer to.

Test CYA level a couple days after the first batch is fully dissolved. Then target 40 ppm CYA for your area with the second batch.

Add the calcium in small batches over the next couple weeks. Test CH after adding half. Once you get to 250-300 ppm, you are good.

Reactions: proavia
No need for the soda ash. pH and TA are fine.
Add the liquid chlorine and start half of the stabilizer dissolving. Sock method.

Keep FC at target or CYA level you have added stabilizer to.

Test CYA level a couple days after the first batch is fully dissolved. Then target 40 ppm CYA for your area with the second batch.

Add the calcium in small batches over the next couple weeks. Test CH after adding half. Once you get to 250-300 ppm, you are good.
You're amazing thank you! Would the pool be safe to swim in as the chemicals are being applied? The chemicals would be added in an hour. Would be 16 hours before the kids would be here for the graduation party.

It is safe right now. It is tap water. You bathe in it.
With 3 ppm FC in it, and CYA no higher than 50 ppm, it is safe. Let them swim. Now if you like.

Reactions: SeanThePoolFreshman
Test FC, pH, and TA tomorrow morning. Top up the FC as necessary to get to 5 ppm or so before the party. If pH is low (from the stabilizer dissolving), you might add a bit of baking soda to bring the TA up 10 ppm. But if pH is in the 7's, leave it.

If you will have a lot of kids in the pool, call a time out every hour (send them to the bathroom), test the FC, and top back up to 5 ppm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.