Remco polycarbonate cover

speedmeup

Dec 26, 2022
Sydney, Australia
I do...its a remco swimroll poly carbonate coverView attachment 56592View attachment 56593

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk
Hi Buballodingo! Hoping you're still around.

May I ask how you've found the Remco swim roll polycarbonate cover in the long term? Have the slats stayed clear and survived the Australian climate? I'm also in Sydney and considering one.

Cheers

Looks like dingo moved on.

I love the concept and sounded like workmanship was good. Just need to get circulation in the storage pit somehow. Maybe a return jet in there at one end, and an outlet up into the pool water at the other.

All the best with your build and welcome to TFP :)

Looks like dingo moved on.

I love the concept and sounded like workmanship was good. Just need to get circulation in the storage pit somehow. Maybe a return jet in there at one end, and an outlet up into the pool water at the other.

All the best with your build and welcome to TFP :)
Thanks needsajet. Yes we plan to have two returns and a suction at opposite ends of the pit and some scupper holes to maintain circulation. It has required a lot of planning and extra expense before we even purchase the cover which itself is far from cheap. I'm concerned that the polycarbonate cover, which looks better to start with, might look worse as it ages whereas the PVC option might age better even though it's less aesthetic initially.

Reactions: needsajet
Excellent, so glad you're planning for good circulation in the pit.

Let us know how it goes in a year or two. I actually love the idea of hidden automated cover, especially if that could allow exemption from some pool fence rules someday.

How did the price compare to surface mounted/stored?

Reactions: speedmeup
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.