Rehab project in New Brunswick, Canada

Nice job! ;Have you found the link to closing a pool? If not go to the home page, look over to the left hand side for the Table of Contents. It will be in there!

Come Spring you will be able to jump into the pretty, blue pool! SWEET!

Kim:kim:

I've read the closing "how-to" and I've helped close my Dads pool many times as well... my only issue this winter is that I don't have a cover so the pool will get dirty over the winter months. I want to install a safety cover, but my concrete won't be installed until next spring so I have nowhere to put the anchors.

My winter project will be building a number of (6?) LED illuminated laminar water jets to build into the deck on both sides of the pool... my inner-geek wants to build something with computer controlled lighting and water jets... maybe water jets that shoot pulses to the music being played by the pool... I've already started buying some materials for this little side project. Stay tuned.... :)

- - - Updated - - -

Just saw the weather forecast.... 12" of snow here tomorrow. At least it will lower my CH :) Guess I may have to winterize tonight! LOL

I think my pool might have a drinking problem.... look what I found behind the garage!

I haven't had the sump pump plugged in for the groundwater... the groundwater has risen to about 3 feet from the top edge of the pool. This is why the previous pool cracked and shifted when the previous owners left it drained and without a liner!

Crystal clear before closing... can't wait for the first swim next season!

And the ice is now forming on the surface... if I timed this right, the ice will stay and keep all the leaves out! Automatic winter cover! :)

Nice visual on the well point. I can't recall a clearer picture being shown on here in recent years of one.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Project is still ongoing... setting up forms for 1700 sq.ft. of colored stamped concrete... as a DIY project... I'll get some more pics up of that process as it progresses. I've purchased a large stamp set (Ashlar Slate pattern), and 1400lbs of colored hardener for the concrete (platinum grey), with jet black accents from the release agent. Should be an interesting part of the project... and I can't wait to have concrete replace all the sand that gets in the pool now!

Got my stamps yesterday... tried a sample pour to see the colours and try my hand at stamping... I'm happy with this, my better half is disappointed... she wanted the base colour (the lighter gray) to be much darker... but I think it's already dark enough... the heat with a darker colour would prevent barefoot walking on a hot day.

You can see the colour difference from natural concrete at the edges where there is no colour.

doing prep work now to get ready and stamp 1700 sq. ft.

uc

uc

I like just like it is! That is going to be pretty when it is done.

Are you hand mixing all of this in a wheel barrow?

See we have thought of doing something like that in the front of the house BUT have held off due to the thought of doing it one wheel barrow at a time.

Was that one 80lb bag of mix?

Kim:kim:

I like the color as is too... the sealer will make it look even better.

I mixed this by hand in a wheelbarrow with a single bag of portland cement and some sand thrown in... not a great mix, but it was just a test.

Ready-mix truck is cheaper for me actually if I'm pouring much more than a few bags... but, you have to be well prepared before that truck shows up! :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.