Refurbished (second) Ledge Lounger condition?

Nlandr7

May 10, 2022
Gonzales, Louisiana
I was looking to buy a Ledge Lounger and I noticed few of you mention that you bought second (returned) Ledge Loungers directly from the company. I called today and was able to get 2 Ledge Loungers for $400 each. I asked what kind of condition they were in and she said they were already boxed up, so she didn’t know exactly, but assured me that it was probably just a few scratches and nothing major. She said they were sold “as is”. $400 seems like a major discount for the chairs.

I was curious if anybody has bought these returned chairs before and what kind of condition they were in. Hopefully they are not wrecked.

Two years ago, I bought 2 "seconds". I was concerned as well before they arrived. But, I had a hard time finding the minor scratches on them. There were some on the underside, and I have been happy with them. The sales person I talked to said they would not offer any "seconds" that would make their company look bad. I was also able to get the shipping charges removed, because there was some delays in getting other items I wanted, like the side table and pillows for the loungers. I would recommend pillows for the lounger, as they make them much more comfortable to lay in.

Reactions: Nlandr7
***update***

I received the ledge loungers today. As far as I can tell, these look brand new. I didn’t notice any scuff marks or scratches/dents at all. The box was a little tore up, and it was written all over the box “Do not accept if package is damaged”. I can only guess that whoever ordered these before me, returned without opening the box because the loungers themselves look pristine. Just letting others know if you are considering buying “seconds”. Great deal!!

Reactions: newdude
***update***

I received the ledge loungers today. As far as I can tell, these look brand new. I didn’t notice any scuff marks or scratches/dents at all. The box was a little tore up, and it was written all over the box “Do not accept if package is damaged”. I can only guess that whoever ordered these before me, returned without opening the box because the loungers themselves look pristine. Just letting others know if you are considering buying “seconds”. Great deal!!
Great deal getting new "seconds". When you fill them up, make sure ALL the air is out, or the foot part may float a bit. I like to fill them up when the chlorine level in the pool is on the high end, because that water just sits in there all summer. Not sure if you got the new model or the original, but they should have two holes for filling. Make sure both are open and get them into the pool waist high or a little deeper if possible and keep turning them to get the air bubbles out. You'll hear(and feel) the bubbles inside when you move them around. Once you're satisfied they're filled, cap the holes while they are still under water.

Reactions: Nlandr7
Two years ago, I bought 2 "seconds". I was concerned as well before they arrived. But, I had a hard time finding the minor scratches on them. There were some on the underside, and I have been happy with them. The sales person I talked to said they would not offer any "seconds" that would make their company look bad. I was also able to get the shipping charges removed, because there was some delays in getting other items I wanted, like the side table and pillows for the loungers. I would recommend pillows for the lounger, as they make them much more comfortable to lay in.
I checked to see if Floating Luxuries had any seconds, their Kai Shelf Loungers look extremely comfortable and work in pools up to nine inches in depth. They are selling them for $699.99 for a set of two loungers delivered to most places. You have to call their 800# and ask for that item in seconds. They only have white. They had quite a few when i checked. that is only $350 a chair and includes freight.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.