Refinshing Fiberglass Stairs in Vinyl Pool

mjs0866

Jan 13, 2024
Massachusetts
My vinyl liner is going to be needing a replacement this season and I was thinking about making my stairs look nicer while I'm at it
They have become a bit of an eyesore (pool is about 25 years). I believe it is mostly just cosmetic (blisters, discoloring, small cracks) and wanted to see if I could something besides just replacing them because I imagine that is a huge deal.

I believe there's a bunch of different methods of "painting" or "refinishing" the stairs. Would be nice to make them a dark blue instead of white also. One thing I saw is something called "Ecofinish" which is supposed to last around 10 years.
Opinions on doing something like this?

I'm trying to find someone that does this in Massachusetts to give me a price but not having much luck. If anyone knows that as well.

Thanks.

My vinyl liner is going to be needing a replacement this season and I was thinking about making my stairs look nicer while I'm at it
They have become a bit of an eyesore (pool is about 25 years). I believe it is mostly just cosmetic (blisters, discoloring, small cracks) and wanted to see if I could something besides just replacing them because I imagine that is a huge deal.

I believe there's a bunch of different methods of "painting" or "refinishing" the stairs. Would be nice to make them a dark blue instead of white also. One thing I saw is something called "Ecofinish" which is supposed to last around 10 years.
Opinions on doing something like this?

I'm trying to find someone that does this in Massachusetts to give me a price but not having much luck. If anyone knows that as well.

Thanks.
Olympic Step Renew or Kelleys 920 Step Renew (probably the same product, though the Olympic is more expensive, based on advertising pictures) are good, relatively easy DIY products. Whoever replaces your liner may also be able to install the kit.