TN
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I just began seeing small spots, looks almost like it’s my pigment crystals, in my plaster that has a reddish tint(pool color pigment is black), if I attaching on the surface it appears I smudge the color? Any idea what this could be, please see photo I took in my tanning ledge, zooming in can help see the color/smear better. 95960535-1243-4ACB-B9F8-6F6D317B6E20.jpeg

Can you add an arrow to point to the area? I'm having trouble seeing anything out of the ordinary.
Yes, see new attached with green circles. You will have to zoom in hood to see. You should be able to notice the grey/black crystals which are normal, then the reddish/brown spots I circled

Attachments

• AAF2EB44-EE3D-4509-A0DB-1F4333C999DF.jpeg
    AAF2EB44-EE3D-4509-A0DB-1F4333C999DF.jpeg
    683.9 KB · Views: 17
I'll be honest, I still don't really see it.

An interesting test might be finding the most reddish brown spot and rubbing a Vitamin C tablet on it. If it goes away, it could be iron/rust. Perhaps there's a metal in the pigment that is rusting, or maybe it's something else. Sorry I can't be of more help.

I'll be honest, I still don't really see it.

An interesting test might be finding the most reddish brown spot and rubbing a Vitamin C tablet on it. If it goes away, it could be iron/rust. Perhaps there's a metal in the pigment that is rusting, or maybe it's something else. Sorry I can't be of more help.
I did the vit. C not change. I did exam more, and it may be the color chips in the plaster coming to the surface? Would that be normal? Pool install late last summer, these spots didn’t appear until recently .

I did the vit. C not change. I did exam more, and it may be the color chips in the plaster coming to the surface? Would that be normal? Pool install late last summer, these spots didn’t appear until recently .
Updates photos now that pool is draines

Attachments

• IMG_0065.jpeg
    IMG_0065.jpeg
    544.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0064.jpeg
    IMG_0064.jpeg
    533.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0063.jpeg
    IMG_0063.jpeg
    590 KB · Views: 6
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.