May 9, 2020
Maryland
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello All! Does anyone else get recurring stains like these near the edge of their pool? I usually find them in the morning, they fade after a few days, then they’re back in the same place or someplace else near the edge.

Attachments

• 1276D0D9-B5AE-4F2C-BDDA-3C9A5A2B7457.jpeg
    1276D0D9-B5AE-4F2C-BDDA-3C9A5A2B7457.jpeg
    369.1 KB · Views: 16
Those look like something is being "flung" into the pool with metal ingredients..... How do you sanitize your pool? Are you using any granular products like XtraBlue in the name??
Is that stone on the corner chipping?

Maddie :flower:

Yes, I get stains that look like that. In my case it's birds pooping from the tree above. Some powdered chlorine or a puck applied directly to stain takes care of it in a few minutes, but more will be back the next day. . . Do you by chance have a tree that hangs over your pool?

Yes, I get stains that look like that. In my case it's birds pooping from the tree above. Some powdered chlorine or a puck applied directly to stain takes care of it in a few minutes, but more will be back the next day. . . Do you by chance have a tree that hangs over your pool?

I sure do! Not sure why I didn’t think of that haha. It doesn’t really look like bird poop but I bet that’s what it is. Thanks!

I get stains something like that when it's either really wet or really dry for a while. Finally figured out it's mostly earthworms. It helps to scoop the bottom with a net often when the weather is in those two zones.

But there's some other kind of stain that comes much less often. More random. Fades _very_ slowly. Like 2 months. Still haven't figured that one out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.