Recommendations for above-ground SWG

Jul 17, 2010
Orlando, Fl
Hi. I want to change to a saltwater system, but am having a hard time deciding on which one to get. Our pool is an oval 18 x 38, above-ground. The center is deeper, nearly 5' deep, and the standard 4' deep around the sides. I've looked at the Hayward Aquatrol, but it says it's rated for up to 18,000 gal, although some sites claim 20,000. The Solaxx Retro and other similar models hang in the pool, and my husband isn't keen on having an electrical unit hanging in the water. One site has a Solaxx Retro Jet for sale, but I don't see that model on the Solaxx site.

Can someone please help me decide on a system to get? Preferably one that's easy to install, and one that plugs in would be even better. Thanks in advance!

Just a note: I see that I have a signature that I have no idea where it came from. My pool is a Doughboy with a paper filter, and has none of that other stuff that's in there.

I came up with a volume of about 20000 gallons. So your SWCG should be rated for 2x your volume, or 40000 gallons.

Look at circupool. An RJ 45 would be a good fit.

I am not real familiar with the differences. I would call them and make sure you understand the differences. Get as big a one as you can so you can reduce your pump run time as you have a single speed pump.

Can you add a location (city/state or country) to your profile?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.