Recommendation for Pool Cleaner

Blue Horse

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 5, 2015
Fremont, California 94539
My old pool cleaner Pentair LL105PM shows aging. Noticed the pool side feedline does not swivel smoothly any more, leading to hose sections tangled often.

Thinking to replace the feedline, or buy a new cleaner.

Any recommendations for new cleaner? Is there a cleaner that can vacuum the pool floor, as well as scrub the algae on the side walls?

The pool is 19K gallon.

Budget wise, couple of hundred $ preferred, but for good performance/price I can go above $1K.

Thanks,
Julius

If everything works except the hose getting tangled, I'd just replace the hose. They do get stiff over time, especially when the water is cold as it is now.

If you want to stay with a pressure-side cleaner, the Polaris Quattro climbs and scrubs walls quite aggressively. I had to reduce its pressure to prevent it from almost climbing out of the pool. It's definitely pricey at around $1100 and emptying its bins is a bit of a chore. Search the forum for Quattro and you'll see mixed reviews. I've had mine since March 2021 and haven't had to repair it or replace any parts yet. I mostly like it.

But wait, you have algae on your walls? You should not have algae at all if you're following TFP guidelines...

Last edited:
My old pool cleaner Pentair LL105PM shows aging. Noticed the pool side feedline does not swivel smoothly any more, leading to hose sections tangled often.

Thinking to replace the feedline, or buy a new cleaner.

Any recommendations for new cleaner? Is there a cleaner that can vacuum the pool floor, as well as scrub the algae on the side walls?

The pool is 19K gallon.

Budget wise, couple of hundred $ preferred, but for good performance/price I can go above $1K.

Thanks,
Julius
Replace the hose swivels. If the hose is tangling, that's the least expensive place to start. Part ED05. Pay close attention to how the nuts are applied to the hose.
Cleaner hose does get stiff with age. Also, it is less pliable when the water is as cold as it is now during the Winter months.
1702337139283.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Horse
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.