Recommendation for auto chemical reader

I have the Taylor tester but for the life of me I don’t get it. So complicated. I just want to test quickly and see what I need.
It would be a very bad idea to replace your recommended test kit with an automated gadget. We can help you with the test. Check out the videos Marty posted.

More help here:

Extended Test Kit Directions Archives

Last edited:
Reactions: Mdragger88
So complicated
It literally takes a dozen tries and it becomes second nature. For any of the tests I do monthly or more, I just grab the bottles and get right to it from memory.

Calcium doesn't matter for me so I add a little in the spring and don't bother with it after that. Next spring I won't remember how many drops I need so I'll have to check the instructions but they won't be overwhelming like the first couple tries.

Do you have a smart stir ? It does most the work for you and improves consistency / accuracy. It's the best $48 you can spend on your pool IMO.

The important part is to just relax and do one test at a time.s in order before I I wrote all my test I got thePoolMath app
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
Salt if applicable

It would help us to know WHICH test kit you have. We may know tricks to help you.

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.