Recently bought a house with this older unground pool. If only has this one return but is missing an eyeball and everyone I have bought doesn’t fit.

Jcolasanti

May 7, 2023
Delaware
As it says in title I tried buying different ones and they don’t fit. There is threads inside but the face plate isn’t threaded. This faceplate looks weird anyone know what eye fitting goes to it? I guess I could just change the whole cover but was nervous to do it. Can I unscrew it while pool is full?

5A2EE511-7550-4221-AF9A-9C74AA1E9577.jpeg

As it says in title I tried buying different ones and they don’t fit. There is threads inside but the face plate isn’t threaded. This faceplate looks weird anyone know what eye fitting goes to it? I guess I could just change the whole cover but was nervous to do it. Can I unscrew it while pool is full?

View attachment 570657
You need to lower the water level to remove any faceplates but i wouldn’t remove it on an old liner pool cause you may never get it to seal again.

There is threads inside
If the opening is 1.5 inch, this is the one : Click here.

It's a 3 piece fitting. The threaded part, the cap and the eyeball.

20240506_202159.jpg

It really looks like you have half the threaded part broken in there. You may have to get that out in order to put a new one in.