Received my TF-100 kit!

Well i dont plan on going back to leslies now that i have this test kit and this site. Sucks to know i wasted all that $ and still wasnt helping the pool.

Anyways, moving on. So for the chlorine test....lol,
"Tested the chlorine again at 10am. It did turn pink this time after adding the R-0870 powder, which it hadnt done the last time. I added the R-0871 drops and the pink went away, but the water never turned completely clear. It was a cloudy color. Definately not pink, but not completely clear as the directions state"

Need some clarification on what the water should look like when i get to the correct amount of drops.

Thanks!!
It will no longer be tinted pink. It may be cloudy but it will no longer look pink. The way to be sure is to add another drop. If it doesn't look any different, then you were done, and you know for next time.

Ok, tested again...put 166 oz of bleach this morning. Tested again it took 2 drops to take the pink out. So i keep adding until i get up to 7ppm? I guess i assumed itwould take one dose of the recommended amount to get it where it needs to be...

Kids wanna swim...how long after adding the each can the swim? Few hours?

Normally you would only add chlorine once a day, but when things aren't behaving the way you expected adding chlorine more frequently is good.

Assuming you aren't seeing any obvious signs of algae, continue adjusting chlorine as frequently as once every 30 minutes, until you get an FC reading of 7. If you are doing your math correctly that should only take another try or two. If chlorine is vanishing very quickly, then there is some chance you may need to SLAM the pool.

Ok tested again and took 24 drops this time:) so now im at 12 on the chlorine test. Not sure how it got higher than planned though. Is that ok for the time being? So now do i just test daily to maintain the 6-7 level?

Still not sure what to do about the hardness being so high. Ill have to read up on that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Only 2 ways to lower the CH in the pool:
1. Replace pool water with fill water that has a lower CH content.
2. Have a Reverse Osmosis treatment done on the pool ... very limited availability, expensive, still lose a good bit of water.

So i ended up having to work the last yesterday/night and didnt get a chance to test. I have changed the pump time to run in the evening to help with test times. I had 12ppm FC on 4/19 afternoon and i just tested again (afterand came up with 3ppm. Added 90oz per pool math and ill test again in an hour.

When testing daily, u obviously test to see how much chlorine for the day, but one u add, do u test again? Or just wait until the next day? Should i continue to test everything daily? Trying to get a baseline for moving forward to do this myself. From what i understand once i have a good consistant FC, i can start tweaking the other numbers if need be. Just not sure in which order.

As far as my CH....it is supposed to rain (which is strange because it does NOT rain here) tonight. Will that rain water help lower my CH level? Im also wondering if draining and refilling is worth it knowing i can only get down to 875?

Maybe i should start a new thread on the CH issue.

Thanks!

Completed first full week of testing. FC has stayed at 6-7 adding 1-2ppm daily with bleach.

Ran a complete "weekly test" as its called in the kit and here are the numbers:
PH: 7.4
FC: 6
CC: 0
CH: 1050
TA: 150
CYA: 65

i did each test twice to make sure im getting the same numbers both times.

Consistently have FC now at good numbers.

CYA came up a bit. Not sure why. Have to do some more reading.

TA also came up.

The big dilemma for me is the CH. With my fill water being at 875 is draining and filling to bring it down to 875 going to matter?

The reverse osmosis thing a few of you have mentioned. Is that a system you have installed or? I mean really, what are my options here. Maybe i should start a post on that topic.

As far as my other numbers, feedback would be great. Especially if i dont have a vinyl pool like we thought. Im gonna play with pool math a little more. The CSI was mentioned and i have to read on that as im not sure how that works. Now that i have got the FC dialed i need to move to the next steps.

Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.