Dallas, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I just installed a Jandy Aquapure SWG, got all my levels right and just turned it on today. The salt sensor on the Aquapure is consistently 300ppm higher than the Taylor K-1766. When I tried to follow the instructions to calibrate it, I ran into a snag. Everything I read says to hold the Salinity button for 15 seconds (3 beeps) and then press the temp button within 5 seconds to enter salinity sensor calibration mode. It never beeps, and it doesn't ever seem to go into calibration mode.

I also tried the steps to configure the alarm volume - hold temp button for 15 seconds (3 beeps) then press salinity - same thing, no beeps, never enters config mode.

I saw some other instructions to check firmware version - that seemed to work - the firmware is 01220A15
When retrieving the firmware, there were 2 additional numbers after the firmware version: 05 and 180. If I press the up/down arrows, the 05 looks like it allows values from 05 through 69 - what's that?

Before calibrating, I would give it a couple days for the system to adjust. I've had some swings of 200ppm+/-, especially when first opening this season.

Do you hear beeping if you press Salinity or Temp once? It might have something to do with the Aqualink RS controller. If I press Salinity, I get an immediate beep. I was thinking you have sound muted, but you have already tried to change that.

Press and hold the Salinity button for 11 seconds, release and press the Temperature button to see what happens.

Does the Salinity display when you press the salinity button?

Is the buzzer jumper "On" or "Off"?

1685133101612.png

1685133271135.png

1685133658333.png

Press and hold the Salinity button for 11 seconds, release and press the Temperature button to see what happens.

Does the Salinity display when you press the salinity button?

Is the buzzer jumper "On" or "Off"?

Thank you!! That was it - there was no jumper at all - I had to scavenge one from an old computer. Put that on and all is working as expected now. I guess I was either counting the wrong number (or duration) of seconds. The audible helper is what I needed.

Reactions: JamesW
I just installed a Jandy Aquapure SWG, got all my levels right and just turned it on today. The salt sensor on the Aquapure is consistently 300ppm higher than the Taylor K-1766. When I tried to follow the instructions to calibrate it, I ran into a snag. Everything I read says to hold the Salinity button for 15 seconds (3 beeps) and then press the temp button within 5 seconds to enter salinity sensor calibration mode. It never beeps, and it doesn't ever seem to go into calibration mode.

I also tried the steps to configure the alarm volume - hold temp button for 15 seconds (3 beeps) then press salinity - same thing, no beeps, never enters config mode.

I saw some other instructions to check firmware version - that seemed to work - the firmware is 01220A15
When retrieving the firmware, there were 2 additional numbers after the firmware version: 05 and 180. If I press the up/down arrows, the 05 looks like it allows values from 05 through 69 - what's that?
I just replaced my salt cell and checked the firmware, and I also had the 180 and 05 after the firmware numbers. Did you ever find out what those mean?