Rec for repainting Hayward light faces?

Nov 19, 2014
Austin, TX
Have been doing some maintenance on my pool lately, which included pulling and reseating the lights (Hayward colorlogic LPCUN11100). In the course of that I pulled the faces and noticed that they've faded quite a bit, with one almost white. So, I'm considering repainting them to get them closer to the original shinier gray.

The concern is what happens when I put a repainted face in the pool underwater... like if when the paint starts to fail it doesn't wear as uniformly as the original, and I end up needing to sand and repaint them on a much more frequent basis.

So, does anyone have any experience with painting some of the plumbing elements in their pool? Is there a specific type of spray paint to use for the job? I'm anticipating giving them a light once over with 800 grit or something to give the spray paint something to bite.

Thanks!
Rick

Use plasti-dip or plastic spray.. as long as it is done right it lasts for a long time under water.. I plasti-diped some PVC and it lasted about 5 years in the sun before it started fading.. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.