Rebuilding the valve body for the old style Pentair Piston Rod

plnewb

Aug 17, 2023
SoCal
Do any of you happen to have the user manual for this Piston Rod (a picture of it can be seen here: Pentair 2" PVC Slide Valve Piston Rod Assembly | Halogen Supply) like this:

I'm looking for the dimensions.

Here's the Piston Rod 27-3241) that I want to rebuild the valve body for:

So it will end up looking for something like this:

Schematic:

I can imagine I would need 4 main pieces from homedepot (in addition to orings):

1. 2x 2" ? <- Stuck here
2. 2x 2" Union fittings - perhaps like this: Amazon.com ($24)
3. A 2" PVC Coupling to bridge the two - perhaps like this: Amazon.com
4. The 90-degree elbow at the bottom (that goes to waste for backwash when the Piston Rod is pulled up) - perhaps like this: Amazon.com

Do any of you happen to have the user manual for this Piston Rod (a picture of it can be seen here: Pentair 2" PVC Slide Valve Piston Rod Assembly | Halogen Supply) like this:

I'm looking for the dimensions.

Here's the Piston Rod 27-3241) that I want to rebuild the valve body for:

So it will end up looking for something like this:

Schematic:

I can imagine I would need 4 main pieces from homedepot (in addition to orings):

1. 2x 2" ? <- Stuck here
2. 2x 2" Union fittings - perhaps like this: Amazon.com ($24)
3. A 2" PVC Coupling to bridge the two - perhaps like this: Amazon.com
4. The 90-degree elbow at the bottom (that goes to waste for backwash when the Piston Rod is pulled up) - perhaps like this: Amazon.com
Just to start, what you are calling union fittings are a proprietary-threaded bulkhead fittings. Only the ones on an OEM valve will thread onto the filter. Or, you can purchase just the halves and start building. Amazon.com

For just over $100.00 you can purchase the valve complete.

Reactions: plnewb
I see, then I will replace what I listed at #2 with your OEM (B004VU8ONU)
What could be a good replacement for the ports on the left of this: Amazon.com
These 2x ports are the #1 part I am having difficulty tracking down

Thank You!
You're trying to cobble together an engineered piece of equipment with standard plumbing parts.
While the OEM valve is "just plastic," it is a very precision-molded piece of equipment with parts manufactured to relatively tight tolerances out of material that will stand up to the forces on a pool filter. I wish you well.

Found an almost identical valve body as my uncle's - I asked my aunt to take a picture but she's not feeling well so I will visit her tomorrow and can grab a picture then, if needed

My uncle has different slip rings (that now need to be replaced as they are cracked but not leaking, from what I can see) and in the picture the coupling in the middle does not look like it was glued together (and if it was, it was extremely professionally) but my uncle's definitely look glued together

In the picture the top half might look different from the bottom half, but I think it's due to the angle of the picture. I can take a more centered shot tomorrow and prove they are the exact same part - what part that I don't know and seems to be the last piece in my puzzle!

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 3
Slide valves stink.

Get a multiport valve.

While I would still like to repair this slide valve (there's some emotional attachment involved):

1. any links to multiport valve products I can order?
2. are they easy to rebuild? (although from what I can see from this valve, while we have located 2/3 parts, the most important part seems to be still unknown)

(there's some emotional attachment involved)
Seriously?

Maybe you can have a Custom Made Trophy Case made for it and put it in a special place in your house.

You can have it on a spinning carousel and maybe have some special lighting for it as well.

Maybe have it gold plated.

Maybe have a plaque made telling the story about the valve and why it means so much to you.

any links to multiport valve products I can order?
What filter do you have?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

cmp-27507-200-000-dims.jpg

1692495800033.png

• Love
Reactions: plnewb
Are any of you pool experts aware of Electronic AC or DC operated water valves that can be used to control the flow of water?

I won't imagine sprinkler valves would work - they are not designed to handle the force from the rather large volume of water that a 20k Gal pool cycles through - but are there alternatives?

I don't care about what voltage the operate at or control circuits they need at this moment - just literally whether such Electronic AC or DC operated water valves exist and where I can buy them

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.