Rebuild Stenner Pump?

JimboAZ

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 17, 2012
Maricopa, AZ
Hi All,

I stopped using my Stenner a couple years ago and it's been sitting out in the elements in Arizona, completely unprotected, and no longer turns on. I know, I should've thrown it in the garage :cry:. Anyway, does anyone have experience with rebuilding? I know parts are available but I have no idea what's wrong. If know they offer motor service kits but I don't want to continue to buy parts and eventually maybe it'll never be operational again. I think I know the answer, and that is to buy a new pump, but figured I'd ask anyway. Thanks!

I have a few of the classic series Stenner pumps and have taken them apart for various reasons over the years and can say they are super simple machines inside.

Your post implies that you have already replaced some parts but you don't say which ones.

Does the pump make any sort of noise at all? Have you verified that you have power at the outlet? I would start by taking the pump head off and trying it again. It is possible that the pump head has frozen due to the lack of use and it preventing the motor from moving.

If that doesn't make any difference than it sounds like the motor itself is seized or has suffered some sort of failure. You will probably get the fastest/best assistance by calling Stenner tech support directly but I am happy to assist further as well.

Regards...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.