Ready to learn about my pool

Got my well water tested by a pool store today.

Copper .86ppm
Iron 2.00 ppm
chlorine 0
ph 7.3
ch 190
ak 120
cya 5

Please note the red highlight. That has to be added to the water. It is not something that is naturally in water from any source.

I do worry about the metal numbers. That is one test they do get correct for some reason.

Time to some searching for what to do. I will check back with you when I have a little more time to see how you are doing with the search.

kim

Please note the red highlight. That has to be added to the water. It is not something that is naturally in water from any source.

I do worry about the metal numbers. That is one test they do get correct for some reason.

Time to some searching for what to do. I will check back with you when I have a little more time to see how you are doing with the search.

kim

Im not saying you are incorrect, but the lady at the pool store said sometimes cya is naturally in ground water.
You know more than me so I'll take your word for it haha.

she said the copper wasn't too bad but I should add someothing for the iron. I forget the name of the stuff she suggested but she said it was phosphate free metal remover or something like that.

Im starting to feel like I need to be a chemist to own and operate a pool, ugh. So I'm supposed to bring ph to 7.0 and add a sequestering agent as soon as I open the pool? Im going to take the cover off soon. The more I read the more overwhelming this all is.

Im going away for training for a week at the end of next week. I don't want to open the pool until after I get back so Im home to do what I need to. A friend who worked for a pool service company told me that I should remove the cover now and just let it sit until I open it. He said with the weather warming, having the cover on will promote algae growth. Is this true? Should I remove it now and let it sit for 2 weeks until I can start opening it?

When I get back from training next Friday Im going to get the pool cover off, get measurements of the pool to find out its capacity, and possibly take a sample to the pool store.

So am I supposed to adjust the ph to 7.0, adjust TA, and then add a sequestering agent as soon as I open the pool? I'm confused as to what steps I'm supposed to take in what order.

Should I make a new thread about opening my pool?

Why would you take a water sample to the pool store if you have a TF-100?

When you take the cover off, if it is not clear you should SLAM it. TA is not as important at first as FC, pH and CYA. Those are the most important numbers when first starting out. I would take the cover off, run the pump/filter for 30 minutes, do a full test, evaluate the water quality and then choose an action plan.

Why would you take a water sample to the pool store if you have a TF-100?

When you take the cover off, if it is not clear you should SLAM it. TA is not as important at first as FC, pH and CYA. Those are the most important numbers when first starting out. I would take the cover off, run the pump/filter for 30 minutes, do a full test, evaluate the water quality and then choose an action plan.

To test for metals in the water.

Thanks for the response, at least I have some direction to go in now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.