raypak heater error code PRS CFH

dmurthy

Apr 13, 2024
milwaukee
Hi all, newbie here and I inherited an inground pool with an older raypak heater. received CFH error which then turned into PRS error.

I then ran 'recirculate' on the pump and rebooted the heater. Unfortunately, same error. Its very frustrating as I am a first time pool owner and have very little knowledge about this stuff. can you please advise?

Attachments

• IMG_1611.jpg
    IMG_1611.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1610.jpg
    IMG_1610.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 8
Welcome to TFP.

The heater is complaining it does not have adequate water flow. That is usually caused by a dirty or clogged filter.

What type of filter do you have?

When did you last clean your filter?

Clean your filter.

Hi all, newbie here and I inherited an inground pool with an older raypak heater. received CFH error which then turned into PRS error.

I then ran 'recirculate' on the pump and rebooted the heater. Unfortunately, same error. Its very frustrating as I am a first time pool owner and have very little knowledge about this stuff. can you please advise?
To get control of that heater, the touchpad that is lifted in the picture needs to be replaced. This one on Amazon works well, it just looks a bit different, but is only $25.00. If the look is an issue, there are other aftermarket ones that look the same as OEM. The old one peels off and the new one sticks on after cleaning the surface. It just plugs in to the board on the back of that panel.

so I was able to get a hold of a local pool service guy who walked me through some steps over the phone. He asked me to look for the two cables on the pressure gauge to see if they light, if they do, i need a a new pressure switch, if not, perhaps another heater. Sure enough, they do not light....

so I was able to get a hold of a local pool service guy who walked me through some steps over the phone. He asked me to look for the two cables on the pressure gauge to see if they light, if they do, i need a a new pressure switch, if not, perhaps another heater. Sure enough, they do not light....
There are no cables on a pressure gauge.
Not sure what you tested, or how.
The heater is actually telling you the problem right on the display, according to the pictures.
The first CFH means that the heater is working and it is in "call for heat" mode, or wanting to light. The second, PRS, says right above it, "clean filter/strainer (the pump basket)" meaning there is not enough water going through it for it to light if the pressure switch is good.
Clean your filter, clean your pump basket, make sure there is enough water in the pool/spa for the pump to move, be sure the rpm on a variable-speed pump (if you have one) is high enough to supply good waterflow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
He asked me to look for the two cables on the pressure gauge to see if they light, if they do, i need a a new pressure switch, if not, perhaps another heater. Sure enough, they do not light....
1714166724974.png

What exact model of heater?

Can you show a picture of exactly what you are talking about?

How would the cables light?

How old is the heater?

There should be a data label inside the heater.

Can you show the data label?

Last edited:
View attachment 567844

What exact model of heater?

Can you show a picture of exactly what you are talking about?

How would the cables light?

How old is the heater?

There should be a data label inside the heater.

Can you show the data label?
Its a RayPak RP2100, very old. Doesn't have nearly as much information available on the display.

Reactions: JamesW