Raypak Avia 404 lownox Heater

Kburnsinbuffalo

May 15, 2023
Clarence Center NY
Hello: just plumbed the new Avia. Have the pentair Easytouch control panel. Have a couple questions. Since the Avia is WiFi App controlled, does it even need to be connected to Easytouch? If I connect it, will I lose App control ability? With old heater setup, connected to Easytouch, I push SPA button, and the spinning water valve switches to Spa side and the heater flips to to Spa temp. One button operation. How will the Avia Raymote App control the Spa valve switch? Can’t figure out how that connection works.

Welcome to TFP.

How will the Avia Raymote App control the Spa valve switch? Can’t figure out how that connection works.

It can't.

Use your EasyTouch with the Avia heater.

The Avia app is for those who have no automation.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/AWSProd/sites/raypakcom/documents/100-10000111.pdf. Page 81-82. See attached photo. So, if I’m on the right track, I’d take these two 3-way actuator valves off of the easytouch and connect them to this Aux control. This would allow for Raymote App control over those valves, switching from SPA/POOL. Then I’d skip adding the heater itself to the easytouch and control it over the Raymote App as well. So basically I could program the heater and the Spa action all from the App. The Pentair Pump, lights, chlorinator, and water feature would stay on the easytouch. Appreciate your feedback. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2018.jpeg
    IMG_2018.jpeg
    145.9 KB · Views: 3
https://s3.amazonaws.com/AWSProd/sites/raypakcom/documents/100-10000111.pdf. Page 81-82. See attached photo. So, if I’m on the right track, I’d take these two 3-way actuator valves off of the easytouch and connect them to this Aux control. This would allow for Raymote App control over those valves, switching from SPA/POOL. Then I’d skip adding the heater itself to the easytouch and control it over the Raymote App as well. So basically I could program the heater and the Spa action all from the App. The Pentair Pump, lights, chlorinator, and water feature would stay on the easytouch. Appreciate your feedback. Thanks!
Interesting. That "Figure 146" isn't in the manual I downloaded a year ago.

Interesting. That "Figure 146" isn't in the manual I downloaded a year ago.
Latest Raypak Avia Manual on their website says:

Effective: 11-15-22
Replaces: 09-30-22
P/N: 100-10000111 Rev. 04

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.