RayPak 106 Issues

K4AG

Jul 12, 2023
Leafcutter1
Hey, I have a Raypak 106a. It's the 105,000btu model. Brand new, received it a few days ago but had to wait on a regulator for my tank. Finally got the regulator(10.2-13WC regulator) and went to fire it up and wont even try to spark. Any ideas? I read on some forums its probably the rollout switch. Is there a way to jumper it just to diagnose it? Or any other ideas on the reason it won't even spark? I have the Funsicle sfx1500 pump feeding it(not the best pump I know).

Welcome to TFP.

Do you have a multimeter and know how to use it?

Check the Water Pressure switch for continuity and see if the WPS is open when your pump is off and closes when the pump is on. Your pump may not be giving the heater enough flow.

Welcome to TFP.

Do you have a multimeter and know how to use it?

Check the Water Pressure switch for continuity and see if the WPS is open when your pump is off and closes when the pump is on. Your pump may not be giving the heater enough flow.
I am fairly new to pool heaters, hence the small heater. Where is the WPS on these?

Hey, I have a Raypak 106a. It's the 105,000btu model. Brand new, received it a few days ago but had to wait on a regulator for my tank. Finally got the regulator(10.2-13WC regulator) and went to fire it up and wont even try to spark. Any ideas? I read on some forums its probably the rollout switch. Is there a way to jumper it just to diagnose it? Or any other ideas on the reason it won't even spark? I have the Funsicle sfx1500 pump feeding it(not the best pump I know).
If the heater never fired, it is unlikely that the rollout switch is the issue. It breaks (its actually a one-and-done fuse) if flame gets out out the firebox. More info needed. Do you have a VSP? Is it running fast enough to close the water pressure switch? Is there power at the heater?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.