Mar 8, 2023
Chile
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello everyone,

I currently have a Maytronics Dolphin s300i but due to money being less readily available for me and my family then it was when i purchased the s300i I have to downsize. I live in Chile so there are less options.
I was wondering what my fellow pool owners say.
I have 2 options that I am circling at the moment. One of them a 3-motor Raptor Pro with Bluetooth but filter only down to 200 microns and the other a Saphir, with 2 motors same suction rate but with filtration down to 100 microns.
My Dolphin has "ultra-fine", they don't quantify the particle size. What are your thoughts?
Here are the links to the 2 models (in Chile) Saphir, Raptor Pro,
It seems Bestway sold or sells them in the US. Any thoughts? Or even better, does anyone have experience with Wybotics, they sell under Badu in South Africa and I saw them sold in Australia aswell.

Thank you!

PS: I know I should stick with Maytronics, but the budget is really tight and I had tons of issues with my Dolphin and have changed, The Motor, the Control Unit, The Filter and the only thing that was amazing here in Chile was the Customer Service from the place I purchased it.

Thank you mknauss.

I went with the Saphir and wanted to update this in case someone will come along to search the forum. If my opinion changes I will come back here to update.

First my experience with the Maytronics 300 i
When I first got my Maytronics 300 i was very happy, but our love only lasted for 2 years. Then the repairs started and I had the following repairs: 1 new control unit (around 300 USD), 1 x fine filter, 1x motor (around 300 USD), 1 new cable replacement, and many more. The cable was probably my fault as I didn't know to not leave the pool cleaner in the pool. Marketing kind of sells it that way, with the possibility to schedule it and leave it.

But now the Saphir:
The bad: There is no basket. The waste stays on the bottom of the robot and you have to clean the robot with a hose.

Difference to Maytronics: It only has a normal mode and goes pretty fast. With the Maytronics I could regulate the speed however I am very happy with the cleaning result.
The good: Compared to my 7 years old dolphin the results are amazing. The two motors as opposed to one help the robot better change directions and I love the replaceable filters. I can wash one set and leave it out to dry while using the other one. Considering it costs half of what the Dolphin cost me for now I believe I made the right choice considering that my Matronics wasn't a one-time investment and forget about it. Both the raptor classic and the raptor pro have baskets but as mentioned in my first post don't filter out fine dust which is why for the moment I am very happy with my choice.

Reactions: Newdude
Good to hear. My Maytronics Active20 is in its 7th year of operation. Lives in the pool. No issues. Did replace the cord and filters with some used ones (just this year) from a member who's robot died on them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.