Raise pump off ground, ok to raise pipes from skimmers? (with pic)

paulmaz

Bronze Supporter
Apr 19, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Shown is my (very basic) filter configuration. I am looking to replace the pump with a VS pump, and when I do, I want to raise it off the ground like it is now. The two pipes that join in the front are the ones from the skimmers. Is it OK to raise these up, or to add two elbows in that line to get the pump off the ground?

Attachments

• IMG_3660.jpg
    IMG_3660.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 58
Yes it's fine to raise those pipes. I wouldn't suggest using multiple 90s right in front of the pump although that would likely work fine too. This is not going to be a straightforward task. Because if you try to raise everything that you have you're going to have to cut the pipes below ground and add to couplers on each pipe with a piece of pipe in between just so you can reconnect to your existing valve.

Agree^^^. I would add sections to the pipes coming from the ground to raise the pump. You really don't have enough room in the plumbing to add 2 90's. I would also look into putting a union in the pipe between the filter and the pump.

Dan

It looks like you already have coupler fitting coming up out of the ground ... so to be able to add 2 more couplers below those means you will have to dig pretty deep.

You could try to reuse he existing 90s by cutting the pipe below them and then using a ream bit to drill out the old pipe so you can put another pipe in them. Then you would just have to cut off below the coupler at ground level, add a new coupler and some pipe and then put the existing 90s down onto the new pipes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.