May 4, 2022
Quebec
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hey all,

I've opened my pool recently, and I've been balancing the chemicals. My FC and stabilizer were low, so I had increased my SWG to 80%, and increase the stabilizer to around 30-50ppm (I'm using the strips, which I know are not the best, but it's what I have lying around right now). My FC went from 0.5 to 1 in around 2 days. Using the TFP CYA/FC calculator, my FC should be at 3ppm. Aside of letting the SWG slowly generate enough FC, is there another way to get my FC up quickly? Would shocking my pool be another alternative?

Thanks!

is there another way to get my FC up quickly?
Liquid chlorine. Always keep the FC balanced to the CYA as noted on the FC/CYA Levels to avoid algae. The SWG isn't designed to increase FC rapidly or make large gains, so always keep a little liquid chlorine on-hand just in case.

As a highlight - test strips won't do you any favors. You take a chance adjusting anything based on those. Be careful.

Reactions: Bperry and shibainu
Hey all,

I've opened my pool recently, and I've been balancing the chemicals. My FC and stabilizer were low, so I had increased my SWG to 80%, and increase the stabilizer to around 30-50ppm (I'm using the strips, which I know are not the best, but it's what I have lying around right now). My FC went from 0.5 to 1 in around 2 days. Using the TFP CYA/FC calculator, my FC should be at 3ppm. Aside of letting the SWG slowly generate enough FC, is there another way to get my FC up quickly? Would shocking my pool be another alternative?

Thanks!
Those strips are going to bite you eventually. And you’ll probably end up spending more money fixing it than the real test kit costs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.