Quick question re brick size for coping

AHH the coping nightmare continues. Yesterday when I asked to see a pool with 8" brick the owner was insistant that 8 is industry standard. ( he has just told me this again today), I told him yesterday I would like to see a pool with 8". Hours later his sales guy calls me with one pool an hour away. I told him thanks but I want going to drive an hour, that the owner says it is standard and the deck wont crack over the beam and that I wanted them to get it done. Today I find out they had cancelled the brick order. I told them again today, that you say it is standard to use 8" so get it our here and get this thing done.

Merl, I would suggest stopping and breathing at this point. Fire the guy and tell him to take his 8" coping with him! Get another contractor in there to finish up. It's not the end of the world, but me, I would rather go through the hassle now and get it done right than to have to go through fixing it later. It's your money, not his. You will have to live with the pool not him!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.