DFW
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Earlier this week I finally had enough of the garbage pool store replacement baskets that are in my skimmers. Both of them were cracked and dealing with the hairnet "skimmer socks" was annoying since they had a metal bar to contend with. Plus the old ones kept floating! Despite my best efforts, tons of junk made it past them (due to the floating) and would end up in my pump basket and filter. I saw someone mention the Val-Pak skimmer baskets on here a couple of weeks ago and decided to give them a shot.

IMG_7534.JPG

What a difference! These things are practically bulletproof compared to the cheap, thin wall junk. The old ones may have been made of tissue paper, comparatively. Amazon did a really bang up job shipping these.. they included them in a shipment with a big case of Red Bull. Fortunately, these baskets are so robust, they made the trip over with no problem. Any other ones would have been reduced a pile of broken plastic.

They do NOT have a stupid metal bar handle, instead they have a handle formed into the side of the basket, making it a breeze to use hairnets. They are also weighted, and already seem to be doing a much better job at not floating. Initial impressions are very positive and I can't wait to see how they hold up. Made in USA too! For anyone else with the Pentair/Pac-Fab Bermuda skimmers, the part number is V22-110.

IMG_7536.JPG
IMG_7538.JPG
IMG_7540.JPG

One of those items people don’t think much about, but can be annoying. I don’t care too much about the metal rod, but I dislike needing a rock in my skimmer baskets to keep them from floating. Adding a built-in handle and eliminating the rod would be a bonus! I don’t have any idea what kind of skimmers I have, but if they make these for mine, I’m in!

Reactions: dfwnoob
DFW,

You know the metal rod just pops in or out??

If you had to use a rock to hold the basket down, what keeps your hairnet from floating up?

My baskets do not float, but I have to use a rock to keep the hair net down, at least until they get a little dirty.

Do they have baskets for Hayward Skimmers??

Thanks,

Jim R.

I did know the metal rod was removable, but then in the rare times the basket actually stayed in place, it was very difficult to remove without the rod there. The stuff that would get caught in the hairnets would tend to stay even if it floated, so that was good. With the new baskets, the hairnet does float when the pump is running slowly, but I have no problem getting any "flyaway" debris when I remove it.

They seem to make baskets for some Hayward models.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
dfw,

I take the metal rod out, install the hairnets, and then put the rod back it..

I remove the baskets with the pump running, so almost impossible to do without the rod, if the basket is full.

I also have two sets of skimmer baskets, so that I just take the dirty ones out, and put the clean ones in.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: wireform
My skimmer uses this 513036 basket: Amazon.com

It has this weird raised semicircular bottom to accommodate the two pipe holes offset to one side. I don't see any Val-Pak skimmers with that odd base, so I assume I'm out of luck getting a basket that doesn't float?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.