Questions on Liner replacement

shadylady23

Jul 18, 2007
Southwest NH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Hello all! So we’ve had our pool for a bit and our liner just is probably a lost cause. Want to replace but was curious on a couple things from you pros! Here’s my questions:

The pool originally came with whats called a beaded liner, which we helped install at the time. It was hard to install and kept pulling off the rail in one specific area so we eventually gave up trying to make it stay. My question is, are we now stuck with this type of liner when replacing? Or can we just get a folded over type to avoid that issue we previously had? I’m leaning toward the folded over if possible.

Any thoughts on good liner brands? This one lasted probably 6 years and has received multiple patches over the years. Seems junky.

Other than that, just worried about filling again with our well water. We have high iron that took almost the entire first season to filter out the rust our first year. Is there a way to simplify that perhaps with a chemical before I chlorinate or something? We have a 18 foot round. Cold climate, NH.

Attachments

• IMG_0275.jpeg
    IMG_0275.jpeg
    573.3 KB · Views: 15
To use an overlap liner you would remove the existing bead receiver place the liner over the wall & secure it with strips like this
IMG_6002.jpeg
Sounds like something was wrong with either your bead receiver or the bead in your liner -

About the iron:
you can truck water in to fill with or use one or a combination of the methods described here
👇
If you use a sequesterant you will just be “hiding” the iron not removing it. Sequesterants wear off & must be replenished which can get costly.

Reactions: shadylady23
To use an overlap liner you would remove the existing bead receiver place the liner over the wall & secure it with strips like this
View attachment 486855
Sounds like something was wrong with either your bead receiver or the bead in your liner -

About the iron:
you can truck water in to fill with or use one or a combination of the methods described here
👇
If you use a sequesterant you will just be “hiding” the iron not removing it. Sequesterants wear off & must be replenished which can get costly.
Thank you !

I have to say that beaded liners are usually easier to diy because they go where they go. If the pool is plumb & uniform.
You hook em, make sure it falls straight down, then get the cove right & that’s about it. It’s easy to have an overlap placed wrong (leave too much or too little overlap) & can be a little tricky keeping it straight all the way around.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.