Questions about SWG conversion

I have not checked any levels yet. Like I said, just trying to get all the chemicals in the correct quantity before I get started. I don't want to buy 10 jugs of bleach when I only need two. Should stabilizer & bleach be added at the same time to get work together properly?

They can be added together, but you could already have too much stabilizer in the pool If you have used tabs and granular shock. There's no problem buying too much bleach. You can use it until the swg is up and going. Depending on the severity of the slam, you may need more than 10 gallons of bleach. It's all speculation until you have solid numbers to work off of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That depends on your cya level. Have you looked at the fc/cya chart?
http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/128-chlorine-cya-chart-slam-shock

Absolutely !!! You just may need 10 jugs. Its a guessing game at this point. As mentioned you need to know what your CYA (stabilizer) level is at. Your FC might have to be at 30 or better during the SLAM process. I think at this point I would take a sample to the pool store to see what they come up with regarding your CYA (stabilizer). I wouldn't purchase any chemicals at this point. When is your TF100 arriving ??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.