questions about replacing SWG

I am a new pool owner and the SWG has stopped generating. Our pool consultant wants to replace our Jandy Aquapure 1400 with a Jandy Truclear 11KU at a cost of $1100.00. Is this a good move? Is the cost reasonable? Is this something I can do myself?

I'm not finding much info about this Truclear system. Want some more info before I give him the go ahead.
Thanks

How many gallons is your pool? Looks like Jandy Aquapure 1400 is rated for pools up to 40,000 gallons. How many gallons is Jandy Trueclear 11KU rated for? How handy are you, have you ever done any plumbing/PVC work? Have you looked around on line for pricing on the 11KU unit?

How old is your Jandy Aquapure 1400, not under warranty?

How many gallons is your pool? Looks like Jandy Aquapure 1400 is rated for pools up to 40,000 gallons. How many gallons is Jandy Trueclear 11KU rated for? How handy are you, have you ever done any plumbing/PVC work? Have you looked around on line for pricing on the 11KU unit?

How old is your Jandy Aquapure 1400, not under warranty?

The pool is 26,000 gallons and the Jandy Aquapure 1400 is 4 years old.
If we were to DIY, I think I would replace with another like unit so it would be plug and play.
'I have looked online, but not found the Truclear to be very easy to find.

Have you been happy with how many hours/day you've had to run your Aquapure 1400? Is it adjustable, if so have you had to run it at 100% or close to 100%? My pool is about 4,000 gallons more than yours, I have a 40k gallon rated cell, but wish I had the 60k gallon cell. You might think about upgrading if you've had to run your cell hard. I don't have any experience with Jandy equipment, hopefully someone else will come along who does. If you follow this sites guidance about sizing your SWG at least 2x, for your pool that would be 52,000, which I think a 60k rated cell would be better than a 40k rated cell.

TFP recommends that your SWG be 2 to 3 times more than the size of your pool. A smaller SWG will need to be run longer which means you need to run your pump longer leading to higher electricity costs. A larger unit can run less and will last longer. The larger units are not that more expensive than a smaller version.

My son and I (not too handy middle aged female) added a SWG to my pool when one didn't exist. It wasn't too difficult although my son had experience in PVC. I don't have any automation, so I went with Circupool RJ-60. It was cheap and has been reliable.

Easy to add any SWG if you are handy. I too recommend oversizing as it will work less and compensate more quickly as FC drops.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.