Question Regarding The Pentair Rebel

lasvegas1976

Gold Supporter
Oct 19, 2022
Las Vegas
Have anyone else had issues with this cleaner?

I had the Pentair Warrior for like 3 years and it just stopped working.

I purchased the Pentair Rebel like two weeks ago. It was working fine for like a week and a half, really moving and cleaning fast - and now it barely moves if at all.

The cleaner has it's own dedicated cleaning line.

I put my hand near the opening of the cleaning line and there was a lot of suction despite the skimmer running at the same time.

I changed all of the cleaner hoses. I cleaned out the pump's basket, cleaned skimmer basket out.

The cleaner starts up not long after the pump starts up. But, it stops working within a few minutes. Sometimes it just starts up on its own, hours later, but then stops within a minuteor two.

A few days ago we had a bad wind storm, lasted for two days. The pool had tons of debris. When I cleaned the basket it was completley filled up to the top.

The pool guy is coming on Monday to check the pool filters. They were last cleaned in mid-July. He believes they may be packed from the wind storm.

However, if the filters were affecting the operation of the Rebel - wouldn't there be a suction issue at the cleaner line?

He also plans to open the Rebel to check if anything is stuck in there, too.

The Rebel is a good cleaner, but it is more susceptible to getting debris inside of the housing than others. Fortunately it it simple to access the internals. Undo the clip on front, remove the top and check the gears for debris.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.