Question on weeping water prior to pebble sheen going in

Contact the plaster manufacturer to register for the warranty and ask them for their opinion about the situation.

What is the plaster type?

Weepers should be stopped before plastering.

Excessive water can affect the integrity of the plaster.

It might not be really bad, but it is hard to tell for sure.

You can feel the plaster to see if it feels softer than the rest of the plaster.

Reactions: 98Poolmaster
Currently undergoing a pool build. At the stage where pebble sheen is about to go in. Pool builder has sent guys a couple times to drain pool out as it had a little water in it each time even with no rain. From what I gather there is a small leak or "weeping willow" as my pool builder calls it in the Gunite. It is still slowly weeping water but has now been covered with some hydraulic cement and the pebble sheen should be going in next week. Even after it's been covered by the hydraulic cement there is still some water slowly weeping through. I don't know much about pools but this doesn't seem right to me. Pool builder is advising pebble sheen will go over and be sealed and I won't have issues. Seems to me this is asking for a leak to develop or something?

The pool was over excavated by 3 feet by accident during excavation. Not sure of any other pertinent info I can provide. Thank you for your help.
You cannot plaster the pool until the weeping is over at least the plaster company I worked for in Southern California wouldn’t and we plastered thousands of pools when I worked there.I don’t think there were a lot of incidents over the years of it I would assume it is more prevalent in Florida.

Pebble company came today and got all the stains off and is filling the pool. They reassured me it happens all the time and it will not effect the plaster and stated it will cure through water. If didn't seem soft or anything but i agree not feeling great about it. Thank you for the recommendation to contact pebble tech manufacturer and see what they say about ir

Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.