Middleville, MI
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I've been searching on this site (which has been enormously helpful to me in my 13 months as a pool owner) and online in general for information on troubleshooting Polaris robotic pool cleaners but haven't found what I'm looking for. The short version of the story is that I left my robot and control unit outside in heavy rain and now it doesn't turn on. The control unit was connected to a GFCI circuit that didn't trip, and nothing else on the circuit lost power or functionality. There's zero sign of water entry in the control unit which, while not intended to be left out in the rain, is pretty nicely sealed against water entry anyway. It's been a lot of years since I was actively working in electronics, but I do have basic electronics skills and I cracked the control unit open and checked incoming power and the power supply fuse and that's all good. There are no visible signs of damage to the boards or components.

My question, if you're still reading, is to ask a fellow owner of one of these to tell me whether the control unit powers on (lights up when you push the buttons) if the floating cable to the robot is disconnected from it. I don't remember and probably never tried, and can't find the answer to this simple question online, and before I go on focusing all of my attention on the control unit, I want to make sure that, with the robot cable completely disconnected from the control unit, the control unit should still show signs of life (lights). If not, my control unit may be okay and the issue might be with the robot or the floating cable between. It's possibly that the electronics and wiring were designed such that if the robot's not connected, the control unit doesn't receive power. So if you have one of this model would you please try that and tell me? Thanks in advance!

I'm going to attach some photos just for fun and because it doesn't cost (me) anything. :)

Attachments

• 2023-09-14 17 25 47.png
    2023-09-14 17 25 47.png
    285.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 2023-09-14 17 25 35.png
    2023-09-14 17 25 35.png
    251.5 KB · Views: 4
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.