Bronze Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
Tampa area, Florida
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
We aren't completely finished with the outdoor kitchen but getting close. As far as actually cooking and eating complete meals out there, do ya'll store pots, pans, grill tools, dry ingredients like spices, etc outside near the kitchen, and if so how do you prevent bugs, animals, dirt etc.? I've been toting almost everything outside each time except a few things I'm leaving in plastic containers inside an outdoor suncast shed. We cook outside ALOT, so it's a lot of toting. We have a cold water sink out there to wash things. I may add hot water later if I need it.

I don't store anything that heat (from the grill) won't correct if something were to crawl across it at sometime...
My lump, chips and larger pans/covers are in my large storage box .. the deflector plates, pizza stone, etc.... are stored in my gas grill (See the copper lid in the background, which I hardly use)

My cleaning supplies, grill tools, paper towels, etc are in the door/drawers to the right of the Primo
20170418_193711-M.jpg

I dont keep a huge assortment of stuff in the outdoor kitchen, all the essentials though. Cutting board, prep tray, grilling tools, knife, foil, spray and squirt bottles, basting brush, rubs and spices and sauces all get stored in the outdoor fridge, a great reason to have a decent sized fridge instead of a mini in my mind. I dont find myself going inside for anything very often. I have a small 110v 2 gallon water heater in my outdoor kitchen sink, cheap and worth every penny. wash everything when done with it and back into fridge.

To be honest, I am one of those people who thinks that if you cannot cook without those helping tools, it means that you cannot cook at all. Can you imagine that Gordon Ramsey will not be able to make a hamburger without, umm, a blender? I doubt so, because having a knife and a pan is all you need in order to prepare food! The only thing that I am using right now for my BBQ is a thermometer, because this way I can have my steaks medium rare. It’s from bigwigjerky.com.au, and I honestly think that it’s the best one I have ever seen so far. If you don’t believe me, just go and test it yourself!

Last edited:
I’m half and half. I don’t have anything edible outside unless I’m fridge. We have all the needed plates, forks/spoons/knives, napkins and such for outside and cups as needed. All my grill stuff. But my good cutting boards and knives along with stuff we use inside are inside since they get used daily.

So similar dilemma. Here is what we do. We have a tray for toting stuff. Spices, oils, foodstuffs, are all stored inside and brought out as necessary. BBQ utensils are all stored outside in drawers. Two pans that we use pretty much outside only are stored outside in drawers or cabinets.

Rule of thumb, if it can be used indoors or out it gets stored indoors and brought out as necessary. If it is only used outdoors then it get stored there. We also have a sink for washing.

Being in Florida there is a limit to what you can leave outside.

So similar dilemma. Here is what we do. We have a tray for toting stuff. Spices, oils, foodstuffs, are all stored inside and brought out as necessary. BBQ utensils are all stored outside in drawers. Two pans that we use pretty much outside only are stored outside in drawers or cabinets.

Rule of thumb, if it can be used indoors or out it gets stored indoors and brought out as necessary. If it is only used outdoors then it get stored there. We also have a sink for washing.

Being in Florida there is a limit to what you can leave outside.
That’s what I was trying to say. Lol. Very well said.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.