question about stain over a large area

vrolland

Mar 10, 2013
Florence SC
Hello, as you can see from the pic, I hope, my vinyl pool has greenish staining over most of the deep end, right now the water is balanced and sanitized, it was shocked a few days ago, I'm in SC and we have not yet had much fall weather but the water temp is around 65, the FC is 5, cya 60, TA 110, ph 7.5.

Even though it is difficult to brush, I've hit it hard with no luck. It won't go away.

One other perhaps important fact: This liner is about 9 years old and across the same area of staining, it appears the liner has somehow been compromised, as instead of it being smooth, it's kind of mottled down in the deep end, there are lots of half inch ridges, as if the smooth coating contained in the top mils of the liner have worn off.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0578.jpg
    IMG_0578.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 42
Keeping the FC up around shock level for your CYA, [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA], consistently and brushing daily or as often as you can stand it will make it go faster.

1/2” ridges are often associated with very low pH.

Has the pH ever been super low?

Has the TA ever been zero?

What did you add and how much?

What was the reason for adding the product?

Have you ever used copper based algaecide?

Did the stain happen immediately after applying the product?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.