Question about High Chlorine

Sascher18

Bronze Supporter
Jun 18, 2023
Henderson, NV
I have high CYA bc of pool company using trichlor tablets with stabilizer. I’m now doing the pool chemicals myself and testing with TFTestkit Pro.

I have since drained some of the water but CYA is still high. I know I need high chlorine levels with high CYA numbers. Is it safe to swim with FC at 13?

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_2036.png
    IMG_2036.png
    98.4 KB · Views: 30
I know I need high chlorine levels with high CYA numbers. Is it safe to swim with FC at 13?

Yes, it is safe to swim up to 40% of CYA level. For you that is over 40 FC.

Note your pH test is invalid and reads high with FC over 10. So dont go adjusting that high pH until you get a valid pH test.

In addition, with a CYA of 140 and CH of 1250, a full drain and refill is in your near future.
Plan to do it in the fall, after air temps cool down.

Note your pH test is invalid and reads high with FC over 10. So dont go adjusting that high pH until you get a valid pH test.
Thank you, A

I'm testing the PH with the TFTestkit. Should I be doing something else? I've been adding muriatic acid as per the Pool Math suggestions. Thanks.

I'm testing the PH with the TFTestkit. Should I be doing something else?

Be aware of the limitation of the pH test and test the pH when the FC is below 10.

I've been adding muriatic acid as per the Pool Math suggestions. Thanks.

Pool Math does not know what pH test you are using and that it may be invalid.

Be aware of the limitation of the pH test and test the pH when the FC is below 10.

Pool Math does not know what pH test you are using and that it may be invalid.
I need to have a high FC level because of the high CyA number. I will drain more water in the fall but what do I do in the meantime with testing the PH if FC is greater than 10?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.