Putting in a new frame issue...

88rxn/a

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2011
ludlow, PA
Hello, last fall my frame rotted out. This spring i tore it down and found a new unopened box frame. Both are 24 foot round pools. The bottom track was never moved and we just stuck the new frame into the same track. The new frame seems to be too long...it's almost exactly 1 foot too long.
I do not know the next step to take and was hoping for some guidance..
The only thing I can think of is because they could be from different companies?

Well, pi times the diameter should make them the same length. It would only take a few inches difference in the diameter to make a 1ft difference in the length of the wall, so it seem likely it's just slightly different pool sizes

i wonder if i could push the track out slightly on each upright where they join? moving them just a little should make up the foot difference shouldn't it?
im not sure what i can do without spending a bunch of money (finding the new track and ordering it).
i do not think it would be a good idea to lne it up and drill holes and cut the excess off would it?

Do your bottom track connectors have enough room to move each out slightly outwards to make the circle larger (while still being securely seated)? When setting up my pool, in the instructions it basically said to shift the bottom rail/connectors until the wall fit as long as you kept it a perfect circle.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.