Gold Supporter
Jul 25, 2011
Durant, OK
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Currently on day 3 of slamming our swamp/pool at the house we just bought a couple of months ago. It was BAD, and still very green, but getting better every day. I’ve estimated it at about 20,000 gallons 16’x32’ ish, vinyl liner. There is only 1 skimmer (deep end) and 3 returns (2 in shallow, 1 in deep) I have no idea if there’s 1 or 2 main drains, my brush pole doesn’t quite reach far enough for me to feel and check, and I definitely can’t see anything yet. I’m trying to get the best circulation possible for the SLAM. I didn’t put the eyeballs in the return, because I was afraid some algae might take cover in there. But now that I’m on day 3 (pool still green though), I’m wondering if a little more force from the returns might be helpful? Should I put the eyeballs in and direct them in a toilet bowl fashion? 1st picture is before I started, the next one is from today. Thanks so very much!

Attachments

• IMG_9679.jpeg
    IMG_9679.jpeg
    838.8 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    734.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Good progress. The pump should be running 24/7 during a SLAM. The little extra jetting force with the eyeballs in may help, but it is good that you took them out because that is where algae can hide. I would continue as you are doing. It is still x amount of GPM that you are moving whether eyeballs are in or not.
Do you have the suction set that you are pulling equally from both main drain and skimmer?

Good progress. The pump should be running 24/7 during a SLAM. The little extra jetting force with the eyeballs in may help, but it is good that you took them out because that is where algae can hide. I would continue as you are doing. It is still x amount of GPM that you are moving whether eyeballs are in or not.
Do you have the suction set that you are pulling equally from both main drain and skimmer?
Yes, 1.5hp pump running 24/7, equal pull from skimmer and drain. Thank you!

Install the eyeballs. Your psi is erroneous without them and you need to monitor your psi during a SLAM. You also can use the increased psi to help circulate.

Can you post test results?