PURPLE WATER

Regardless of the color of the water, you need to get your chemical levels balanced. If the test results you posted originally are at all correct you have quite a bit to do before things are back in balance. The chances are fairly good that the color will go away by the time everything is in balance, and if it doesn't then a HEDP-based metal sequestrant, as chem geek suggested, will take care of the color.

Want to thank all of you for offering help! I have been adding Borax to try and increase pH. No change yet. Exactly how much should I be adding? My pool is 5,000 gallons 16'X48", afraid I may add too much! I looked at the calculator and still was unsure, it said add 0.1 oz by wt? Sorry, not to good with understanding measurements. ALso my water has now turned back to the dark muggy brown that it started out as! I mean you can not see the sides or bottom of the pool. DO you think Im going to fight this all summer? Im considering tying in to rural water at the highway and just draining the pool and refilling it, heck Im going to be out probably more fighting this well water, you think? I look at it and just want to cry! what would you suggest, if you think I can fix it, I will continue.... Just dont want to be out a fortune and have to fight it all summer. Feeling hopeless! Again, thank you for the help.

I would drain it and have water trucked in from a source that can confirm no metals. Even if sequesterant will work, it breaks down over time and you are looking at maintenance doses to prevent the color changing again - it's expensive and a truck load might just be cost effective/less troublesome.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.