PureChlor 15k System Error

jfindley

Nov 18, 2022
Other West Coast
Hi,

I have a PureChlor system that was installed in 2018.

I consistently get a System Error light and it can be cleared by just hitting the on/off button or powering the unit off and back on.

Everything else appears to be fine - it's getting flow sensor input as well as salt level input.

It seems like it's generating chlorine as long as the error light is not lit.

I can't find any real information online about what the error light means or what can be done about it.

These seem like pretty simple devices - a couple inputs (keypad, flow/salt sensor, salt cell status) and a couple outputs (LEDs, salt cell power) so I'm stumped as to what it needs.

Also, I read that powering the unit off for more than 30 seconds is the first thing to try as that's considered a full restart. But there must be some longer term memory as it remember the keypad settings after that restart. Is there something more involved to completely clear memory and start fresh?

Thanks for any advice.

JF

Hi PS-

No, that is not the manual for my unit. Wish that was it so I could get more info.

I could not find a link to view my manual online but here is the snippet from it about the System Error light:

1. Check all connections carefully.
2. Contact technical assistance at
561-455-0252 PRESS2
3. Go to www.MyPurechlor.com to report a
malfunction and receive an RMA#

So not much help at all.

From what I'm gathering I'm guessing that these simpler (cheaper?) units just get replaced if they have an issue. Disposable basically. And in my case it was installed prior to my buying the house and never registered and thus no warranty.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.