Purchased 09 CG-8110 Intex - New In Box

traustic

Jun 29, 2018
Abilene, Texas
I found a new, sealed in box unit for $145 on eBay. It was delivered today and I'm excited to see how little it will be used to keep my chlorine going in the pool. Original listing picture showed copper bars but the unit sent is before they added the copper.

Puts out 24g of chlorine an hour or .05 lbs an hour. 2 hours run time max a day is what I estimated. No Copper No Frills, just the cell and flow switch.

09cg8110-unit.jpg

I've had pretty good luck with those in the past, but I can almost guarantee you that you'll need to run a lot longer than 2 hours/day. I had the same size pool, maintained my CYA around 60, and had to run 12-14 hours/day to keep sufficient FC.

Mine was not that exact model, probably older, but it was the largest unit they made, not the small one.

This unit puts out 1.2lbs of chlorine in 24 hours. The FC should raise by 2ppm in 1.7 hours at 5000 gallons. I don't understand how it would take 12 hours of runtime to keep my pool at the correct level. It's rated for 15,000 gallons and I'm 1/3 of that. I could get 14ppm of chlorine in 12 hours.

I'll give it a go and see how well it works over the weekend. Only bad thing I found is it doesn't have the ability to store settings if power is lost.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.