Missy_2008

Jul 29, 2021
San Leanna, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Is there an easy way to remove the C-clip on a Hayward SP1580X15 pump? The strainer cover cracked so we are just replacing the entire pump. In the process of attempting said replacement, I have run across a very stubborn
c-clip. Pls see attached diagram with location of clip highlighted. Not quite sure how to get it off without killing my hand. Advice?

Attachments

• 20240209_103811.jpg
    20240209_103811.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 13
Does it have small holes in the ends? If so there is a tool for that called a snap ring pliers. You almost never need one until you do, then nothing else helps. I have a super cheap one like this. Works well enough for the 5 times I've needed it over a 30 year period :cool:. If you're on good terms with a mechanic, you might be able to borrow one.

Reactions: Newdude
Does it have small holes in the ends? If so there is a tool for that called a snap ring pliers. You almost never need one until you do, then nothing else helps. I have a super cheap one like this. Works well enough for the 5 times I've needed it over a 30 year period :cool:. If you're on good terms with a mechanic, you might be able to borrow one.
We got the clip off but now we can't get it back on. Any advice? 🙄20240211_131823.jpg20240211_131834.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.