Pump to Sand filter tube leak

Jun 28, 2020
Wi
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a leak where the tube connects from the pump to the sand filter, it seems to be right at the base of the tube. The clamps that came with it I couldn't get to clamp well so I got some hose clamps from Menards. They are as tight as they can get. Don't seem to have any leaks on the pump end but have this on the sand filter end.

Attachments

• PXL_20230704_134910090.jpg
    PXL_20230704_134910090.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 6
Everything is new, I just set it up Sunday. It definitely seems to be where the tube attaches to the connector, the the threads are dry otherwise besides a very small drop. Nothing like the constant small trickle in the picture.

I'm also thinking replacing the tube with just a pool hose like us going to and from the pool.

I'm also thinking replacing the tube with just a pool hose like us going to and from the pool.
That might be a better choice. Those factory vinyl tubes are a bit tough to work with sometimes. But as a test, next time you're out there messing with it, consider a slightly new position for the clamp on the hose. Make it's snug, but don't over-tighten it just yet. Turn the system on and check, then tighten the clamp slowly in stages as needed. Sometimes hoses and clamps get punched or leak more when over-tightened. Might get lucky.

Reactions: Superfrank2727
That might be a better choice. Those factory vinyl tubes are a bit tough to work with sometimes. But as a test, next time you're out there messing with it, consider a slightly new position for the clamp on the hose. Make it's snug, but don't over-tighten it just yet. Turn the system on and check, then tighten the clamp slowly in stages as needed. Sometimes hoses and clamps get punched or leak more when over-tightened. Might get lucky.
So, I took your advice and loosener the clamp and slid it out some, then slid it back on until the water seemed to be just right and slowly tightened. It's now like 98% gone:)

Reactions: Texas Splash
You might consider adding another clamp with the gear opposite the current one. I always double clamp those hoses.

If it continues to leak, you can buy those thread to hose adapters at your local big box home improvement store. You can also change the hose out to hard PVC piping if your handy. Or even to pool hose as you mentioned earlier.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.