Reno, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I'm considering upgrading my 9 year old Whisperflo 1.5 hp (011514) with an Intellifo VSF (011056). The reason is, as per Pentair it will be an exact match for plumbing since I have no more room to cut pvc.
My question is mostly about power. I'm currently on a 20 amp 240 breaker but it's wired to my Intermatic timer along with everything else. The Intelleflo requires power 24/7, so I would need to remove the pump wires from the timer and wire directly to the breaker. Is it ok to leave everything else on the intermatic? I don't want to get a new control center because I don't need it. And really I just let it all run 8-10 hours a day. So do I really need a variable speed pump to begin with? Once I set it I may never change it. Maybe I should just get another whisperflo?
Just looking for insight.

Attachments

• 2020-05-04 15.24.32.jpg
    2020-05-04 15.24.32.jpg
    336.2 KB · Views: 5
Do you have automation or is the "control center" just for the IC40? You could wire a new VS to receive constant power through the Intermatic box and leave the SWG connected to the load terminals. You do need to make sure the SWG is only powered on while the pump is running. What's your reason for wanting a new pump?

No Automation. The SWG is plugged into the intelliph. The pump is starting to vibrate and hum. Just looking to get ahead of it. I know I can replace the motor as another option but was looking at VS.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.