Pump system for above ground pool?

jeffbg

Jul 29, 2008
I'm actually looking to see if I could repurpose an filtration system for a modest sized above ground pool for a large roman style fountain that I have in my new home.

The fountain holds about 800 gal of water, and didn't come with a filtration system built in. It collects debris, some algae, etc. Instead of draining to clean it, I was hoping to find a solution where I could attach a pump and filter combo, run it for 1-2 hrs to clean up the water, and then put the pump/filter away until I need it again.

Additionally, I'm open to tips about how to keep the algae levels down in this fountain using the BBB method or similar. Putting granulated chlorine in is what the previous owner did, but now stabilizer levels are off the chart. Poly60 seems to help and I don't mind using some anyways I'm not swimming in it.

Thanks!

- jeff

You should be able to get it to work if the pump is self-priming.
Not sure the point of the pump/filter.
Algae is not a filter problem it is a chemistry problem.
If the CYA have gotten too high, then drain and start over.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.